Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Last Post (by Todd)

Well, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was just so busy getting ready to go, I didn't have time.

But I am now back in the good old U S of A, in the middle of orientation for medical school. It is different to be back. I feel often like I'm living the high life, living extravagantly, with everything I buy, and throw out, and eat. I'm amazed at how soft my clothes are after a machine wash and dry. I keep trying to throw out my toilet paper instead of flushing it. I forget that I can drink the tap water, and go searching for a water bottle when I brush my teeth. And my showers have been lasting upwards of 20 mins, as I relish the limitless hot water.

It was a wonderful year. I learned so much, and it was very, very sad for me to say good bye to all the folks I'd come to know and love in Honduras. It especially tore my heart out to leave the aldea of Los Izotes.

Of course, I wish I could have gotten farther along in some of my projects, but that will have to be for the new group of volunteers. It took a while to figure out what I was doing, but that was the nature of going as one of the first group.

I am very happy with the work I did, all that I learned, and especially the relationships I formed. For now, it's back to my US life. But my year in Honduras will leave an indelible mark.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Todd. We're proud of you.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd,

Thank you for all of the great work you accomplished and for being a wonderful friend to Lauren. Good luck to you!!!

Lauren's mom

Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Chevy Pick-Up Turbocharger said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 1:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home