Sunday, August 28, 2005

Almost in the house! (by Laura)

We'll move tomorrow if we have a bathroom door and running water. The house looks great though I hope that we get dressers or something of the sort soon. Living out of a suitcase is getting old...I can never find anything!

To add to Todd's midnight description of Padre Daniel's birthday celebration, we had barking dogs outside our window going nuts and I thought it was a gunfight. Fortunately, Kathy and I were able to seek refuge in Lauren's bed where she comfortingly wrapped her leg around us.

In other news, James, Kathy, Lauren and I went to the children's Mass this morning and Lucian was presiding. He did such a great job! He introduced us to the kids and some drunk guy said something unintelligible in the middle of it, to which Lucian replied, "Excelente." I almost died laughing. Then Alberto, the keyboard player, invited the 4 of us up to the front of the church and had us dance while he sang some song I couldn't understand except that part of it was shouting out the movements. Super fun, making myself look like a goon is one of my favorite hobbies as most of you know. :)

The Hondurans have shown amazing hospitality so far and they are so interested in us and happy we are here, it's wonderful and makes the transition a lot easier. I just hope Olma, our next-door neighbor, will be ok answering all our questions about how to survive. Literally...we don't even know where to buy food or how to wash our clothes. It's crazy...like I'm starting over again and have to forget just about everything I learned growing up. What an adventure!

Well, I think I've gotten my money's worth...off to the rectory to entertain myself somehow. Maybe I'll finally try to reorganize my bags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home