Sunday, September 04, 2005

Dance, gringos, dance! (by Laura)

Why do I feel so loved by the Hondurans? Because every chance they get, they call us up to the front of the church to dance. Really, I think they're glad we're here so they can get a kick out of us. No, that's not true, but at the rate this is going, we will be choreographing dance more sultry than Brittney's so they don't get tired of our moves. And I found out, thanks to the moves of our friend Alberto, that shaking your butt in front of the congregation is not taboo so dancing like Brittney may just be ok. At any rate, we have windows in our house now and the curtains for the doors have been made. I'm glad that a call to the US is only 20 cents a minute via internet since we can't use phone cards. Talk about being cut off, at least we have internet cafes at our disposal!

Katrina is all over the front page of the news here and I am aghast at how poorly the disaster has been managed. The US is being ridiculed for how it has handled things and even the gas prices here are spiking. Over $4/gallon. Well, I had better post this and get off to lunch. The boys are living in the house and we're cooking there now. I would also like to start moving some stuff into my room now that the windows are in and I can somewhat keep the dust out. Take care and keep us in your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home