Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hot shower! (by Laura)

Maybe the shower head that heats the water was a purchase we could have done without, but I'm willing to say it was a great buy! Though the fact that it took a few hours to install because they had to run an electrical line into the bathroom made me feel a bit spoiled. But I know that after a rainy October day (we've been warned about the nasty rains coming our way), I'll be glad for the hot shower before going to bed. And nothing makes me feel truly clean like a little bit of warm water.

I've been enjoying the visits to the aldeas and the fact that we're picking up the pace. We are hoping to get insurance on our truck soon so that we can drive it, but we'll see. Things just don't work here the way they do in the US so you have to take it as it comes. I don't have a whole lot of interesting things to say, but for some reason I felt the hot shower was newsworthy.

It's getting rainier here and that means we're having more power outages, but so far it hasn't been a big deal. As long as we can cook, I'm happy. The other night we were without it for the whole night and it was pretty hot without our fans! That was the longest we've ever gone.

We had a great day cooking for the internos at the Casa Pasionista on Monday and it was a relative success. Except that the faucet in the kitchen broke and they have to turn the water on with pliars until they get it fixed. And a few oil burns. Some of us are still mastering the art of cooking with hot oil, which is involved in most meals.

Well, I had better go find Todd for lunch, we are the 2 staying in Talanga today and had to split since this internet cafe only has one computer working with the internet today. The smell lunch of the family who owns this one is making me hungry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home